Friday, August 2, 2013

On Creativity: Be My Guest

"Residency," 2012, by Jeremy Miranda

Right now, I have this craving for other people’s creative voices. I’d like to start sharing On Creativity posts by YOU here.

I welcome your thoughts on making stuff (including literature, visual art, music, movies, food...any creative work!). What have you learned about how you come up with ideas? How do you know that a project is finished? What are valuable lessons that you’ve learned about your process? What was the worst thing you ever made? What have you tried to do differently? How do you move on from a project that has failed? What’s been on your mind lately, as a creative thinker? (Here's one example that I wrote, and another, and another).

I encourage you to be specific--lots of writing about creativity can be too general. I am so curious about your specific projects, examples, passions, and idiosyncrasies.

The submission process is simple--send me a brief description of your idea, or send me a post.

Either way, just send one at a time. Though I won’t be able to share everything I receive here on the site, I’m open to your ideas!

Looking forward to widening the discussion on creative life.

2 comments

  1. This sounds great, I'll put something together for you, maybe on the interection between writing and crafting.

    In the kettle the Shriek just arrived, I'm really looking forward to reading it! Thanks for sending it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great! I'd love to see what you write.

      So glad that the book made the trek to you :).

      Delete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.