- The Children’s War, by Shaindel Beers. Beautiful work....more on this soon!
- Thrall, by Natasha Trethewey. She’s coming to speak at CCAD (where I teach, quite happily!) this fall.....can’t wait to see her read!
- The Faraway Nearby, by Rebecca Solnit. This book has been living in my brainshelf since I read it a few weeks ago. I loved A Field Guide to Getting Lost so much, and I might actually love this book equally.
- The audio excerpts from Photographs Not Taken: A Collection of Photographer’s Essays. WOW. What an inspiring idea....I’m wondering if “poems not written” would be interesting at all?
- “Let Us Now Contemplate the Key”--an essay (!!!) of mine in The Atlantic, as part of the wonderful Object Lessons series.
- Four poems of mine from In the Kettle, the Shriek at The Toast (one of my most-visited sites).
- This neurotic, nutty poem of mine, “Someone’s Been Sleeping in My Bed,” now up at The Nervous Breakdown
What have you been reading this week? As always, thanks for visiting.