Friday, April 17, 2015

Sufjan!

Oh, so very excited to see Sufjan Stevens in concert tonight! I've been a fan of his for a long time--we saw him in L.A. about five years ago for his album The Age of Adz. It was a glorious show. This one will be just as beautiful, but much more sparse, I'd imagine. If you haven't yet listened to his new album, Carrie & Lowell, please do so IMMEDIATELY. It's gorgeous and sad and moving. This song is particularly amazing...


Sigh. This one, too:


My perennial favorite of his is probably this one, "The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us!"


Although "Romulus" is also perfect and one I return to often...




Happy weekend, friends! What music are you loving right now?

5 comments

  1. I've listened to his new album, and like it a lot. A post he wrote about it is quite moving. Have a great time at the concert, and a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you get to see the concert. We have his music at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not familiar with Sufjan Stevens to be completely honest, & I am glad you introduced him (& his music) to me. His songs are something you'd like in an instant even when you just listened to it for the first time. His tone is like Simon & Garfunkle's---smooth & relaxing to ears.

    "Coldplay" & "Birdy" are my favourite artists today. Enjoy the concert, Hannah, & do tell us about it. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.