Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Golden Hour

The Golden Hour

The tree is a culmination
of each tree it has ever been

Yesterday I said this same thing
but I wasn’t finished thinking

Every day you do the same things
with slight variation Sometimes

we feel, I have never experienced
this Other times the future opens

up alongside the present so that
we are watching it one instant

before it happens The strangeness
that observation can bring to

the moment The hour elevated
The right light has everyone

rushing for their camera
Quick, photograph something

2 comments

  1. I really like how your poem picks up on the way the images appear at the Website. I'm going to earmark the work for a shout-out. Always interested in your artist picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice pace to this poem, and, as always, a great end-line.

    ReplyDelete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.