Thursday, February 13, 2014

It Won’t Always Be Winter

It Won’t Always Be Winter

There is a season for ponytails and a season for ski masks
Half of the people I saw today fell down while walking
including me This snow hangs around despite the sun
The hardest thing to remember is that it won’t always
be winter I say it to someone else today to try to teach it
to myself One day we’ll say Ugh this heat is disgusting
and then we’ll all think of this moment The thought is
less and less consoling as I study it Maybe seasonal
discomfort could be used as a bookmark for something
other than discomfort For the wisdom we pretend not
to have the key for At least we could say gosh time
is squishy The word remember could be a camera
we hold up inside of it

1 comment

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.