Thursday, March 14, 2013

Wind Chimes

Wind Chimes

of metal and string
above, tiny bars

dangling, bringing
breath from far

away. What oceans
say to the towns

they spoon, in
shore-speak, rocks

rubbed soft through
sandy pillow talk:

Take all the pieces
of the world arriving

to you
. Beaches
full of sand thriving

alongside water, wind
that carries the place

away, then back, tinged
with a foreign taste.



---
For Cindy, my beloved mom-in-law, who passed away early this morning. So much love for her, and all her family and friends.

7 comments:

  1. My sincerest condolences for your loss, mi amiga.

    Beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely way to remember her, Hannah. I offer heart-felt condolences for your and your families' loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. Beautiful, soft poem. I love to see the oceans spooning the towns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out for your loss, Hannah - I can't imagine how tough that must be. That is one beautiful poem though, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful tribute - my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so beautiful. Thinking of you. I hope you let all the love from everywhere buoy you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, Hannah. Thinking of you and your husband. Your poem is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete