Friday, March 7, 2014

Reading Two Poems from Leah Umansky


One thing I've realized is that I am very comfortable being a fan--I openly gush over, well, many things: music, art, dessert, people, and of course, writers/books.

It's always such a pleasure when I get to share someone else's work at a reading. It's like inviting a guest into the room for just a moment to celebrate them.

Recently, I was happy to read a couple of poems by Leah Umansky (who I just met/adored in-person last weekend!!) from Domestic Uncertainties. Her new chapbook is also brand spankin' new...it's called Don Dreams and I Dream (and is Mad Men-inspired....she is so much fun!).

Here's the video of me reading her work--I read two poems: "The Thick of the Real World" and "Repeated for Emphasis."



           


Which poems/books do you like to pass on to others? What have you been gushing over lately?


Have a lovely weekend, friends!

2 comments

  1. Enjoyed your reading, Hannah. Wonderful poems. Thank you for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Hannah. I'm so touched. Thank you for sharing this. I love your work, too!!

    ReplyDelete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.