Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Shadowlife

Shadowlife

I walk with my whole body
along the land, I touch all
of the rocks under me, you
touch only the six beneath
your heel. I go as a body,
the edges of me move but
not as differentiated limbs.
As a pond floods, outgrows
its house, then shrinks. You
are my shell, I live in you,
malleable, soft. The grass
is cool as I flow through it,
the rock is cool, my touch
is cool. We are not exactly
the same, I move so easily,
love all places equally, any
place may hold me as I go.
Nothing is my favorite any
thing, I am the veil shielding
the world from you.





Further Reading:
Not a Raccoon but a Shadow of a Raccoon
Spectre

1 comment

  1. Lovely, Hannah.

    Ligtermoet's photography is so evocative.

    ReplyDelete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.