Thursday, March 14, 2013

Wind Chimes

Wind Chimes

of metal and string
above, tiny bars

dangling, bringing
breath from far

away. What oceans
say to the towns

they spoon, in
shore-speak, rocks

rubbed soft through
sandy pillow talk:

Take all the pieces
of the world arriving

to you
. Beaches
full of sand thriving

alongside water, wind
that carries the place

away, then back, tinged
with a foreign taste.



---
For Cindy, my beloved mom-in-law, who passed away early this morning. So much love for her, and all her family and friends.

7 comments

  1. My sincerest condolences for your loss, mi amiga.

    Beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely way to remember her, Hannah. I offer heart-felt condolences for your and your families' loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. Beautiful, soft poem. I love to see the oceans spooning the towns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out for your loss, Hannah - I can't imagine how tough that must be. That is one beautiful poem though, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful tribute - my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so beautiful. Thinking of you. I hope you let all the love from everywhere buoy you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, Hannah. Thinking of you and your husband. Your poem is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.