Friday, May 22, 2015

Sea Wall


by Kamila Nora Netik

Sea Wall

We bathe to forget the self
Do trees wash away or return to their sapling beliefs
in the rain Who I was as a slenderer being
younger Back then I barely knew the light

Consider your mind in the shower
How the warm water brings you pictures
to fill up the privacy

If there is water what it will do is tumble
Where there is water it is harder to feel lonely

One of my favorite walks two cities back
took me past water and rocks
and docks and a bridge on my left side
and on my right trees and an elementary school
and back gardens

On nights where it is difficult to find sleep
I take myself back there
each vignette a ghostly way to look out over water
to pour my restlessness into the body of a tree


[Image above by Kamila Nora Netik]

2 comments

  1. Memorable line, this: "Where there is water it is harder to feel lonely".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen. I don't know if this is true for everyone, but it is for me!

      Delete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.